Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday From The Bench, August 10


Currently on my bench: a new eye piece. I'm still playing around with the arrangement of the line-work and I anticipate it will change quite a bit, but it's a start. Also, this is a fun little glimpse into how I develop a work-in-progress; using masking tape, attached to my bench sticky side up… super helpful!

I also take lots of photos with my iphone, a process I refer to as "photo-sketching" to help me remember different arrangements and variations of a piece so I can refer back through and see what works best before committing to a composition. This also helps me to view the piece in a new way. Somehow I always get a different sense of the piece when viewed in 2D format like this.

2 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

thanks for sharing your process, it's always nice to see how an artist creates her work!

Anonymous said...

Margaux - You're still making beautiful jewelry! You are indeed an amazing artist! :-)

Erla Miller