Sunday, September 16, 2007

My "other" jewelry


When I'm not dismembering Barbie and Ken dolls I do actually make some everyday wearable type jewelry. These are a few of the designs I have made repeatedly over the years which were recently included with my boss's jewelry booth at the NY Gift Fair in August. I sold a few things through her, though not as much as I would have liked. Our work is VERY different and I think together in the booth it didn't relate enough visually for the wholesale buyers. I'm considering putting this jewelry on my etsy page as the pieces are affordable and can be made in multiples. We'll see… maybe for Xmas?

6 comments:

D Balogh said...

I'll take 100 pieces of each ;) hehe

xox

Nice choice for the background colors babay.

Anonymous said...

DEFINITELYQ! they are such beautiful organic shapes, well done!

Margaux Lange said...

Thank you guys! :-)

jane said...

Thanks for a great site. Such beautiful work. Looking at the hands and feet kind of makes me think of chicken feet at yum cha. For every pair...there is a whole body. You must be surrounded by Kens and Barbies.

Margaux Lange said...

hahaha, yes Jane, the "remains" are everywhere in my studio. Labeled in bins actually. I try to "harvest" all parts so as not to waste!

;-)

Anne said...

These are very sellable. You just need to be in the right booth. Love this work.