Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Giraffe Man

Recently I purchased this hilarious "giraffe man" ceramic sculpture from melabo, an etsy artist whose work I can't get enough of (note the Ken head used for his face mold!)

He really completes my little kitchen wall vignette and makes me smile every time I look at him :-)

Melabo has so many great ceramic items in her shop. I seriously have to resist buying every single one of her quirky, bizarre sculpture creatures before D kicks me out on the street to go live in my own miniature ceramic circus with them all. I was contemplating buying this handsome fella as an addition to the series…

…when someone else beat me to it! I won't let that happen again ;-)

2 comments:

silverfilings said...

just had to write and say that i had the same little campbell's soup cup that you have on the top shelf as a kid! my mom still has it!

love the ken-giraffe, funny!

Margaux Lange said...

I adore that cup! My sister and I would fight over who got to use it at my grandmother's house, she had one just like it when we were kids. We searched and searched for that cup after she passed away but it was no where to be found. I lucked out and found the exact same one in a flea market in CO while shopping with a friend of mine. Brings back a lot of memories for me.

Thanks for your comment! :-)