Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Storing the dolls

Storage of materials has proven to be the most difficult element regarding maintaining my studio. While I do love it to be organized, when I need to pull a specific doll from one of the bins it can quickly turn into utter chaos in my crowded little studio! I find I usually try to tidy up my space at the end of every work day to keep things somewhat calm, even when working on a deadline as crazy as the one I'm on right now with the Facéré Jewelry Art show, Signs of Life.

Filled to the brim!

This big blue tub is for dolls that are awaiting "sorting and filing" into their appropriate bins.

2 comments:

Lori Greenberg said...

Now that's a lot of Barbies! Thanks for sharing studio and work pics...it's so interesting to see someone else's process and space especially when it's such interesting work. Do you ever incorporate the hair?

Margaux Lange said...

Hi Lori,

Thanks for your comments! No, I haven't used the hair just yet. I have thought about encasing it in resin, and will probably explore that idea at some point, but for now it's the part of the doll I have the most of in stock!