Monday, April 23, 2007

State of the Studio…

My drawing table, has finally been cleaned up!


Some Barbie dolls with face parts removed and an amazon Barbie I found in Maine in a "Spuds Mackenzie" plastic beer mug! (does anyone remember ol' Spuds?!)…

…the brunette in front is Dorothy from the Barbie Wizard of Oz series and she still speaks two phrases when you push the button on her back: "Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!" and "There's no place like home!" Creepy? Nah, hilarious!


work surface…


Detail of "The Kiss" (or maybe "Embrace" …? Not sure on the title yet) It's almost done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "Kiss me" and your work table is scary for two reasons. 1. because it is SO tidy and 2. because of those dolls! can't you make them little phantom of the opera style masks? arggggggg

Margaux Lange said...

Muaahahahaha… faceless dolls that talk!

Really I can't think straight or work well unless it's tidy most of the time. I'm strange like that ;-)

Cajsa said...

I adore this piece, it´s my favourite from your recent exhibition. Just discovered you and your designs and can´t stop wowing when scrolling through your entries, everything is so awesome, you rock!

Margaux Lange said...

Wow! Thank you for your sweet comments (blush blush) I am humbled :-)