Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The act of disappearance

Artist Julianna Swaney of Oh My Cavalier creates amazing drawings and prints. I find her work mildly creepy in a wonderful way. Modern yet vintage feeling, delicate and alluring. I purchased two prints from her etsy shop recently and I'm adoring them. The print below is one of them, which coincidentally I purchased as a birthday present to myself two days prior to my father's death.

Interestingly appropriate timing. This image's association has been forever changed for me. Amazing how something two-dimensional and seemingly unrelated, can take on a whole new depth of meaning depending on the events of our lives and whatever "baggage" we carry. I wanted to share the image that is carrying a particularly great amount of weight for me in my life currently.

I know I've been slacking on blog posting. The truth is, I just have not been inspired to write, or do much of anything for that matter. I will try to be more diligent about it. I appreciate your patience.

No comments: