Friday, April 08, 2011

Mounds II - Custom Variation

This is a re-creation of my Mounds Necklace for a custom client completed last week…

Mounds II
© Margaux Lange 2011
sterling silver, plastic Barbie doll parts, resin.


26 Barbie boobies in various sizes/hues encased in sterling silver with oxidized finishing and hand-hammered chain detail. I'm happier with this necklace than I was with the original version because I was able to tweak the design to function even better this time around. Sometimes it can be incredibly satisfying to revisit an idea in an attempt to perfect it.

Here's a shot of the back of the piece:


Detail of handmade chain with hammer textured links:


And on the dress form so you can have a sense of the scale and how the piece hangs:



2 comments:

Aimee Domash said...

Ha Ha!!! Nice Boob necklace!!! Not sure I would have had the patience to re-make this necklace...all that soldering would have drove me bonkers to do again!! What did you do with the original??

Margaux Lange said...

Thanks Aimee! The original is still in my studio! Still need to figure out what to do with it.