Monday, September 27, 2010

just start.

They say "starting is the hardest part." Well, it's definitely been hard to start back up again with regular blogging these days, and I apologize for my extended vacation! In the past when my blog has fallen into a funk, I've found the simplest solution is to just start. Somewhere, anywhere. So here I am, with renewed effort! It's not that there's been a lack of news to share, just a simple lack of motivation to put in the time. However, I know it's worth doing, so no more stalling… here we go!

Firstly, I just want to say thanks to those of you who commented about our wedding in my last post. It truly was an AMAZING day! I feel happier than I've ever been, and I'm so thankful to have such an amazing husband and family. I am indeed a lucky gal. I'll be sharing a few photos of our special day here on the blog once they're ready so stay tuned for that.

Secondly, I'd like to share news of an exciting exhibition opening I'll be attending this Friday, October 1st. The exhibition includes the work of some of my amazingly talented jewelry friends so I wanted to help spread the work and encourage you all to come out and see the show. Salon: Inventive Art-Jewelry Exhibition in an Inventable Space will be taking place at Metropolitan Green (439 Metropolitan Ave in Williamsburg Bklyn) opening: 7pm - 10pm October 1st. The show is the brain child of Mia Hebib (of Oblik Atelier) who curated the exhibit as a way to share some of the amazing art jewelry currently being made in studios across nyc. Participating artists include: Sarah Abramson, Gregory Grigoriev, Thersa Dahl, Kate Cusack, Mia Hebib, Seohee Koh, and Kristi Sword. For more information about the exhibition visit http://www.salon-nyc.com/ Hope to see you there on Friday!

1 comment:

red-handed said...

Just start: good advice. Today I wanted to write about one thing but I can't, I don't have my notes, so I'll have to write about something else. Anything else.