Thursday, January 07, 2010

Daena Title

I'm LOVING the attention to color and reflection in these submerged Barbie oil paintings from artist Daena Title who was kind enough to allow me to share them here with you all…

Smile © Daena Title 2008

Sweater Barbie © Daena Title 2007

Big Barbie © Daena Title 2008

Dark Friends © Daena Title 2009

Pool Witch © Daena Title 2009

They bring back so many memories for me - bringing my Barbies to the beach back in the day. They also have a slightly sinister dichotomy I find appealing. Drowning with a grin anyone…?

Daena discovered my work from last year's NY Times feature - and then purchased a couple pairs of my earrings! I love connecting with other artists who make work with Barbie. Check out more of her amazing portfolio on her website: daenatitle.com

7 comments:

duckalicious said...

wow, I'm impressed! these are some super cool paintings!

Ginga Squid said...

Wow - they are amazing. I love the colours & the light.

Ashley said...

Those are really beautiful. What an interesting subject to concentrate on!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! I love all your creations! Top Top Top!
I Think, I blog about! :D

Anonymous said...

These are so sooo great!

Eddy Dughi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
freckletree said...

Thanks for sharing these paintings-- brilliant!