Monday, January 12, 2009

love to know

My interview with LoveToKnow.com is now up on their website; go check it out if you get a chance. Many thanks to Adrienne Warber for the feature.

Well, 2009 is off to a good start! I've been a busy bee finishing up a bunch of custom orders taken before the holidays and have been designing, sketching, plotting and scheming for a bunch of projects… there are lots of exciting opportunities in the works these days, but you'll just have to wait to find out what I'm up to! (cue mischievous laughter and hand wringing)

In other news, I took an all day workshop at the 92nd st. Y this weekend with metalsmith Erin Daily. It was a six hour class called "How to Buy Stones" and it was awesome! I definitely feel much more confident heading into the diamond district for some wheelin' and dealin' with gem dealers now. There's so much to stones, it can feel really intimidating, especially when you're not informed about what to look for in a gem, what makes it valuable, what questions to ask about it's treatments, origins, etc etc . Erin was a wealth of information.

It was the first time I had seen the facilities at the Y and wow! being there made me wish I was in school again. I miss the focus inherent in learning new techniques and engaging with teachers and students. There's nothing more inspiring at times.

No comments: