Thursday, September 18, 2008

She might kill me for this…

Today is a special day, so I wanted to post a special Thankful Thursday in honor of someone very dear to me who is celebrating her birthday today…
my best friend, Kate Cusack!


If you don't already know her work, go check out her website www.katecusack.com In addition to her life as a costume designer, Kate makes incredibly inventive jewelry out of zippers, which began with her zipper pin…

…and has grown into an extensive and amazing collection of art jewelry, inspired by a humble zipper.




If I had to choose one person in my life that has made the biggest impact on my career, it would definitely be Kate. She is a constant inspiration for me and I admire her in many ways.

Kate and I met as roommates freshman year in college. Our friendship has grown and evolved over the years and even through long distances we remained friends and kept in touch. Born and raised in Brooklyn, Kate was a big influence in my decision to finally move to NYC. She is driven, confident and a source of endless creativity. Kate is a someone who thinks big and always achieves.

Kate has helped me become a more professional, confident artist in every way. She genuinely believes in my work, but also in me as a person, and has always been there for support and encouragement. She never lets me forget that my work is unique and special. For this, for her, I am so thankful.

So here's to you Miss Kate…
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post.
i'm in love with the plastic wrap wigs- gorgeous.
happy birthday, kate!

Juliet said...

Those are AWESOME!! I might have to blog them later!

Katie Do said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Stuning work!

Amy Cameron Evans said...

cheers to good friends!

Margaux Lange said...

thanks guys! She really is the best. :-)