Monday, June 16, 2008

the problem with blogging…

Pinakothek sums it up best…

" This is the problem with blogs: You start blogging in an idle moment, and one thing leads to another and you wake up one day to find that you have readers. And readers, no matter how coolly disinterested they are nor how they are getting the deal free gratis for nothing, eventually become something like customers: they begin to have expectations. They expect frequent deliveries of new material. For the blogger--excepting, I guess, the fanatically driven or the logorrheic--the situation is like being a columnist, like one of our heroes at the great gray New York Bugle, with all the problems and responsibilities inherent, only you're not being paid. You're still bagging groceries to pay the rent, and that profession like all others has its seasons and its crises. "
I have disappeared, I know. Life has been so busy, and my work has taken over. I am constantly in the studio, yet always feeling behind. Not to mention the temptation of summer-time fun and activities. I've been feeling so guilty for not writing! This is supposed to be fun, not pressure! Sometimes I just need to allow myself to fall off a bit when it comes to blogging. 

Something REALLY big deal has happened in regards to my work, however I'm not sure I can spill the beans about it just yet… I'll let you know as soon as possible, promise.

Dave and I are leaving for California on Thursday for a week on vacation. We're starting out in San Francisco, then driving up Route 1 to Mendocino, and back down again to San Fran. It should be a fantastic time, I can't wait! I'll make an effort to be more on top of blogging when I return.


2 comments:

megan said...

Sorry we didn't get to hang out more this weekend...

Have fun in San Francisco, it sounds like a nice vacation is exactly what you need.

Ashley said...

I hope you are enjoying California. I can't wait to hear what the big news is.